May 13, 2007

Spring

The weather has been ideal for the last couple of weeks. I've had the scooter on the road almost every day. My commute to work is just over a mile and a half, so I don't have a lot of miles racked up. I hope to have the time soon to devote a whole day to one long ride. So far there have been no mechanical problems. Turn the key to on, hold the rear brake lever, and press start. It never fails to start instantly. So as far as reliably getting me from point A to pont B, it couldn't be better. I have noticed some areas where there are some obviously cheap components. One is the rear shocks. I am not heavy (about 170lbs) but the suspension bottom harshly over large bumps. Another annoyance is the mirrors. They are cheap and do not stay where they are aimed. Wind and bumps keep the mirrors moving, so the mirrors have to be readjusted at least once on every trip. These are items that probably could be upgraded with aftermarket components.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a rakatak and the mirrors suck. Do you know where one can get better ones?

other than the mirrors, its been great - besides the key breaking and the battery dying once.