Jun 13, 2009

Changes

Spring is almost over and this is my first update to the blog this year. There is a reason. The scooter runs great, no problems have arisen. But I have changed jobs due to my employer closing. So instead of a 1.5 mile commute, I now travel 23 miles one way to work. The speed limits on the roads I travel are between 50 and 60 mph. So the 150 is just not up too it. I have taken the scooter out on a few weekend rides, but it's job as a commuter is over. I miss the enjoyment of riding every day & with the price of gas creaping up I'd really like to be riding. Somthing's gonna have to change.

4 comments:

makoshark said...

Great blog. I am ready to pull the trigger on a Kymco scooter here in Biloxi, MS but am intrigued by the low cost of chinese knockoffs. I work on marine outboards but have never worked on a scooter engine so the fear of having to dig into the engine is putting me off. Looks like you knew right where to look several times.

Laura said...

I have enjoyed my Saga Scooter too. :) Get a trunk and picking up stuff is easy. A guy cut the top so his little dog could ride in the trunk too. lol I am up here in Canada BC and these scooters are here. I know the guys who are bringing them in so yes I got a deal I will admit but for anyone looking for cheap vehicle this is your bet. Most of the time the insurance is ooh $230 for the year and filling the trank these days is 3.50 to 4.50. lol WHich i love about my scooter. Gets me back and fourth for just over a week before I have to fill up and that is with store runs :) Think about it. http://www.sagacanada.ca/
Happy riding. :)

chinese scooter parts said...

It was a great blog , It is nice to know that you can use your scooter even if we are in a economic crisis.

Steve said...

Good blog mate I love the Chinese bikes brilliant value and great to tinker with.
There's a forum for anyone with a Chinese bike like myself maybe check it out sometime? http://chinesebikeforum.webuda.com