Jan 6, 2007

Rain in January

As forecast, it has rained for 2 days. So I have not had the scooter out again. I should just be glad that it's so unusually warm. I did do some further inspection and found that I have a broken rear fender. I am not sure how it happened, but I am guessing that when I took the bike off the center stand to attach the rear shocks, the weight of the bike coming down fast and hard forced the rear wheel up into the fender. So this is repair number one and it's my fault. I guess I am going to find out what ordering parts from Rakatak is like.

Inspection revealed no other defects. The bike starts immediatly and runs well. The headlight brightness varies with engine RPM, so it obviously has a whimpy electrical system. No fluid leaks. So far I am pleased with what I got.

The next step is waiting for paperwork to get the title. For some reason most online retailers do not send the paperwork with the bike; it comes seperatly. I have heard a few people complain that it took weeks for the paper work to arrive. We'll see how good Rakatak is.

No comments: